Read Readme | Read License | Read version history
GX2 has officially been discontinued! This unit won't be developed anymore. Partially thanks
to MS, since DOS emulation under W2k/XP is buggy.
Additionally, I refuse to give any help that requires example code.
- 1 Meg, Hicolor and/or Truecolor capable GFX card. 486 machine or
- BP7, _NOT_TP7_ (you NEED DPMI)
- DOS, W9x - works partially under W2k/XP, with heavy memory usage unstable
A new help file is now included in GX2. I hope it'll help everybody
to understand the unit. However, I recommend more than only a small
pascal knowledge for this unit.
News in this version:
If you can't use GX2 because of one of the stated reasons,
have a look to the left, my old GX-units are still available.
Here a list of the current features GX2 provides:
- Bugfixes, bugsfixes, bugfixes...
- Have a look into doc/history.txt to see more details
GX2 is able to load AND SAVE the following file formats:
- Full 32 bit capabilities, LFB/Vesa2+ support, NO 64K LIMIT!!
- handles even very large images - largest tested one was a
4200x2966 JPEG loaded at 32 bpp (47.5 Megs memory size!!)
- Flexible object oriented interface, allows virtual screens
at every supported BPP and every size (memory is the limit)
- Object oriented mouse unit, supports also virtual screens
as output, hardware mouse support, more than one mouse useable
- Supports EVERY resolution supported by your card
- Source independent file reading/writing (load/save your images, fonts etc.
from/to disk/memory/libraries - whatever you want!!)
- extremely accurate CPU-timestamp based timer unit
- Extended image/shape drawing (converts color resolutions by fly,
addition, subtraction, alphamapping, xor/and/or, sprites, dither)
- 63 included XFN-fonts! 26 of them are converted SMFonts by Remco de Korte,
10 of them are converted Borland CHR-fonts, rest are bitmap fonts
- Supports Windows TTF font files
- MMX capabilities, asm optimized code - especially 24 and 32 bit modes are accelerated
this way, also some other things with 8/15/16 bpp work with MMX,
64 Bit memory moving/filling - get all out of your AGP-card!
- Antialiased line-, vectorfont-, circle- and ellipse-drawing
- Various FAST effects (rotation, blurring, fading, alphablending, upscaling)
- Full clipping of ALL functions
- Printing on HP/Epson compatible printers
- BMP (all uncompressed files)
- JPG (all kinds, needs extra download, see right)
- PCX (8,24 bit - extremely fast decompression)
- PNG (all kinds below and equal to 32 bpp)
- FLI/FLC (FLIC animation files, 8 bit, only playback!)
Additional demos for GX2:
- Lensflare effect, combined with sunset (requires jpg-extension!) -
- Bumpmapping effect, Tunnel effect and Fern fractal -
Projects, units and other things developed for or with GX2:
Notice: Undefined variable: forum_units in /var/www/web909/htdocs/accounts/web909_1/html/en/sourcecode/gx2.htm on line 128